Tuesday, January 12, 2010

AJ's GI Appointment

This morning AJ is going to see a Gastrointerologist at Children's Hospital in DC. I will update later!

UPDATE! They took a lot of blood from AJ. 4 tubes, although it should have been 5. They couldn't get enough blood. He wasn't dehydrated enough. Well, he doesn't drink very much. Poor baby. They will run all sorts of tests. The only one they can't run is the allergy test (that would have been the 5th tube). They gave him medicine for reflux that should take about 2 1/2 weeks to start working and I'll have to get that filled tomorrow because it'll need to go to the special pharmacy to be compounded. They also want him to drink more milk and suggested putting carnation in it to see if it will taste better for him. They gave Avery a list of different foods to try with carbs to help him put on some weight. I don't have all of the details until I get home and see all of the notes.

1 comment:

aunt nancy said...

surely hope all this will be great news for AJ and he will love all his new foods and milk....love that little boy.