Tuesday, May 6, 2008

AJ's First Hospital Stay

Even though he was in NICU for 6 days when he was born, this is really considered his first "overnight hospital stay". He is SUCH a good boy. He was hardly fussy and he was very content to sit in the hospital bed for 2 days and hang out with Mommy, Daddy and Grandma. He had wonderful nurses and everybody took really good care of him. He isn't mad at mommy even though I'm still not going to let myself off of the hook. I am responsible for him being there and it hurts me to know that he went through all of the needle sticks and drinking CHARCOAL because of my bad mistake. I love my babies and I would do anything for them and I have to make sure I get more sleep so that I don't make really stupid mistakes. But, it's over and he's great and we are all recovering :-) He did have a BLUE hospital gown, but the pink one was smaller so I changed him into it and decided comfort was more important than color (in this situation only).

After we settled in, I changed him into a comfy onsie so that he could move around easier and he was very happy with that. It was really warm in the room we were in so it was nice he could wear something more comfortable. I also got him his toys and he was as happy as could be.

Here he is on the bed we both shared. His Grandma (who stayed the ENTIRE time with us - Thank you MOM! slept in a chair that pulled out to a "so-called" bed) and she got up with us all night long. She never slept at all and I may have for about an hour and a half. Behind him is the curtain that separated us from the other patient. A young girl that had bad asthma. She was having a horrible time. It was really sad. But when she had company for the first time of our arrival, AJ just kept staring at the curtain trying to figure out why it was talking. It was SO cute and funny.

Here is my son's foot after having it stuck a million times. After they made him cry EVERY single time they took blood for glucose testing, I wouldn't allow them to do it anymore and they let me take over. I took his blood for the remainder of our visit and he didn't cry anymore.

Aunt Nancy and Grandma came to pick up Christina on Sunday and kept her all day and night and alot of Monday. They took such good care of her and she was completely happy with them. She probably was wondering what she did to deserve such a treat! She was able to attend the birthday party that we all missed on Sunday and I heard Auntie Bean got alot of play time with her. When I picked her up yesterday after we were discharged, she really seemed like she was happy to see me and acted like she had missed me. It was a wonderful feeling. I had to hold back tears when I saw her because I had missed her so much. She was very clingy to me for the rest of the night. Very sweet. I'm really lucky that my family was there for me to help me and my babies. Mom was so wonderful to be with us at the hospital and I couldn't have asked for a better place for Christina to be. Thank you to all of you. I love you so much.

Here is Christina in her crib last night. She didn't want to go to sleep and I caught her up playing. I bet she missed her crib and her things. We all are like that. :-) She smiled a sweet smile at me when I came in and caught her and again when I came back with the camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us. We all were very concerned for all of you at the hospital and thought about you every minute. So thankful everyone is doing well again and back together as a family.

Love being a part of helping when you need something.

Christina and AJ are so sweet and I love you all,

aunt nancy

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to be in the hospital with our kids and be so completely helpless... but you all did awesome and thank God for your wonderful family! Kids are amazing, all the stuff they go through and just keep smiling.
It was an accident and you have to let yourself 'off the hook'.
Love you!!!