Life doesn't just change inside your own home...it changes how people see you and treat you. You become somebody different when you have a baby (or 2). I never knew what it would be like on the "other" side and before you have children you can't really give advice or state your opinion on raising kids because you'll hear "you aren't a mother, you don't understand".

There was alot I really DIDN'T understand and alot of things that I thought and felt before that are COMPLETELY different now. Baby's cries never upset me before. The thought of sending your child to daycare seemed like no big deal. Things like that...I feel COMPLETELY different. Alot of my opinions haven't changed though...and I don't think giving birth or being a mom actually makes you smarter...it just gives you experience. I always felt people should not scream and yell at their kids or in front of them. I always felt you should never be negative or call your child names...especially "stupid". I always felt that being a GOOD parent was hard work and that you should engage your child and sitting them in front of the TV is just not a good thing to do ALL of the time. Alot of my thoughts like that remain the same and I pray I can be a good Mom. I want to be patient, consistent and loving. I'll always do the best I can.
I am, however, not at a point where I want a "babysitter". I have NO desire to be away from my babies at all unless I need a nap really, really bad. I have NO desire to go to the movies, hang out with friends or do ANYTHING that my babies can't do as well. I am told this will change. I'm sure it will...what choice will I have when they go to college?

I love these babies and I love being their Mom. Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing and wonderful Mother's in my life.
Special Mother's Day Messages for the VERY SPECIAL Mother's in my life that make a difference to me and my babies DAILY:
MY MOM: Thank you for all that you do for your kids and your grandkids. Especially AJ. You have been a huge blessing to him and us. Thank you for taking such good care of him every single week. I love you so much!
Grandma: You are such a wonderful Grandmother. I don't know how I'd get along without you. You are so supporting and loving. Thank you so much for taking such good care of Christina and for loving us the way you do. I love you so much!
Aunt Nancy: You are such a wonderful aunt. I don't think there is another that comes even close in this universe...and I think you should be celebrated on this day too. Thank you for everything you do for us. I love you so much!
Andrea: You are amazing. You always impress me and I'm so proud of you. You are a wonderful mother to my sweet girls...it shows in who they are. I love you so much!
1 comment:
How sweet of you to share all of your feelings and thoughts in this site. You are so sweet and I appreciate you and your love so much.
Love you all,
aunt nancy
Post a Comment